Ever wondered how the market is doing compared to this time last year? We have you covered with NVBR's Real Estate Market Report for January 2020! Check out the nifty graphic below to see what's what, and read on for some more detailed information. Note: Reports are compiled by 10K Research and information is derived from data contained in the New England Real Estate Network. Reports cover Chittenden, Franklin and Grand Isle Counties.
Changes for January over last year at this time include:
- New Listings decreased 18.9 percent for Single Family homes but increased 43.2 percent for Townhouse-Condo properties.
- Pending sales increased 15.3 percent for Single Family homes and increased 80.0 percent for Townhouse-Condo properties.
- Inventory decreased 23.9 percent for single-family homes and 31.2 percent for Townhouse-Condo properties.
- The median sales price was up 11.7 percent to $320,000 for single-family homes and up 9.5 percent to $268,000 for townhouse-condo properties.
- Closed sales increased 21.9 percent for Single Family properties and increased 48.5 percent for townhouse/condo properties.
- Days on market increased 55.2 percent or to 90 days for Single Family homes but remained flat at 71 days for the townhouse-condo market.
- Month’s supply of inventory decreased 33.3 percent for Single Family units and decreased 37.9 percent for townhouse-condo units.
Interested in learning more about the market and purchasing/selling real estate? Get in touch with us and we'll help guide you through the whole process. We believe buying and selling homes is all about YOU!